DON’T TELL MY DADDY!

“Study hard, work hard and be focused” were more familiar statements from my father. I can bet with my kidney that those statements were as valid as the rising of the sun. However something very important was missing all along.

My daddie was happy and comfortable with the things happening with me. I was on top of my game. I was at my best. I was spinning at top of my class and my principal too was happy about everything. Nonetheless, i was still ignorant of one important contemprary issue.

Toyin was an incredibly beatiful jewel, a damsel, a friend and classmate of mine. She was also on top of her game, brilliant. I tell you grammer failed to describe how fabulously elegant she was.

It was our friend’s birthday party. I there with my sister and she was too. Toyin was different, not in her usual school uniform, she was pretty to say the least. Then, i started feeling something i only feel in the morning in my room. “What should i do now, this is embarassing” i said to myself. Toyin rushed up to me with excitement, “hi, what’s up handsome?” with a warmth hug. Damned, i felt something in my brain, and i prayed it was just that. Unfortunately, it went beyond that. A pressure against my pant, uncontrollable. My sister came at that moment, i timidly stuttered ‘good’ to reply Toyin as we ease off. Guilty and embarassed, i told Betty, my sister “please don’t tell daddy” then she pulled me aside to ask what the matter was. I softly confided in her as usual. Bettie explained that telling daddy was probably the best for me and reluctantly i agreed to that.

My dad bursted into laughter on the report. He came into my room with sense of guilt, appologized and explained how moral it is for me to feel what i felt with Toyin. He talked about everything about sex education and puberty. I was poised to know that my dad would be so interested in something i feel ashemed to tell him about. Sex education therefore should be part of every education and training to ensure proper or healthy growth and development.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Disruptive Innovations and Technologies For Supply Chain of Vaccine In Difficult Terrain

In the Moment

The Mix and Paradox; Change is Transformation!